Wednesday 24 July 2013

A day in Hamlet town

We spent the day in Helsingør, Denmark, today visiting Hamlet's castle Kronborg and then taking a stroll down the tiny shoppingstreet in town. All in all it was a great day but very very hot! This heatwave is really holding it's grip on this summer and I don't want to complain BUT I wouldn't mind some rain now and cooler temperatures, anything above 23° is too much for me :P
Tomorrow it's back to work in the house again and we're gonna finish the bedroom within the next few days! Exciting!!
on our way to Helsingør with the ferry
Walking to the castle 
Kronborg castle 

entrance 
flag of Skåne inside the castle church :) 
Holger Danske is asleep and waiting below the castle
the castle "cellar" was damp and scary, don't go in there without a flashlight! 
sun! 

To be or not to be... 
Shakespeare wrote Hamlet 
 
the castle ballroom
Helsingør 
icecream is a must in the heat! 
going home... 

4 comments:

  1. Oh well, I remember our visit there a loooong time ago (must have been 2003 or so) and it was so damn hot that day, too!!! ;-)

    Just got back to your blog to catch up with your house and read many new updates! Keeping my fingers crossed you can move in soon. I admire the patience, dedication and willingness of the two of you with renovating, I would have stuck in bomb in it already and blow up the whole thing (latest when tearing down wallpaper, I think I would have gone crazy)... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're planning to move in in about a month, got vaccation for one more week and then we're back to getting it all done inbetween work and sleep :P But we'll make it I'm sure (and yes, there has been times when a certain male member of the household wanted to give up on things as well, I'm not quite there yet, hehe!)

      Delete
  2. PS: I will come up to check when you are ready with the house. I will be like "oh, soo nice, what a great new house, everything so clean and modern..." ;-)))))

    ReplyDelete