Saturday 17 August 2013

Bells for your soul

The bells in Hovs chuch rang for dads soul last Thursday, supposedly this is to help the soul get to heaven. I'm not religious and I left the Swedish church a few years ago for the reason that I don't believe in God, but I do believe in something, I just don't know what that something is... And even though I don't believe in the church rituals it was a nice thing to sit by the burial site and see and hear the bells and know that they were for dad, comforting in some way. And by the site I discovered this 103 year old tombstone, that I never noticed before, with this beautiful inscription on the stone  "the earth hides the ashes, love hides the memory". I know you are with Peter now dad, and that you'll watch over us until we also get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment