Friday 6 December 2013

Buns in the oven

I got an early birthdaypresent from my dear mum and it is this lovley thing, the OBH Nordica Hercules.
I love baking but hate the whole process with kneading the dough, but thanks to Hercules this whole precess takes just a few minutes and he does all the work ;)
Yesterday I made some cinnamon buns like this:
 The recipe is:
150g butter
5 dl milk
50g yeast
½ tsp salt
1-1½dl sugar
1,3 litre wheat flour

A tip that I got about not overheating the yeast with the hot butter is to just mix it with the salt and let it melt before mixing it with the other ingredients. I can guarantee that it works perfectly!
Hercules did his bit and the dough got to grow to double size before cutting it into two parts so I could make two different kinds of buns. One part with butter, cinnamon and sugar. 
and one part with Philadelphia Marabou chocolate, Yum!!! 
roll it up and cut into even size buns, let them grow again for a while until they are a good size. Brush the buns with a slightly whipped egg and sprinkle sugar on the cinnamon rolls. 
Bake in the oven at 250 degrees celcius for 8-10 minutes depending on size, but when the buns are golden brown, they are done! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment