Friday 7 March 2014

Fighting the Aegopodium agrarian kills my back

A the back of our house is a little hill where there was two huge red currant bushes, a gooseberry bush, countless raspberry bushes and tons and tons of ground-elder which is doing its best at driving me crazy right now :(
Unfortunately I never took a before pic before we cut everything down last year but let's just say that it looked like a  jungle and the whole spot had been used as a garbage dump probably for the past 40 years. I've found so many plastic bits and plastic bags I've stopped counting by now, there's been cigarette buts, old bottle caps, lego bits, a glass bowl, metal peices, flower pots and it goes on and on. I think they also had an attempt at a compost there once coz there was a net nailed to some rotting tree poles that we removed after some swearing coz the net was stuck so far underground that we had to cut it off.
The big berry bushes have most likely never been cut and I went over them pretty hard so we'll see if they can find some strength to grow again, and I've replanted half of the raspberry bushes and it'll be fun to see if they can go big and strong now that they have more space. I've also planted my old blueberry bushes that I had at my flat, some wild strawberries and a bunch of strawberry plants that they had on sale last year at Blomsterlandet at 5kr/plant :) There's also rhubarb and I'm gonna try and grow some big pumpkins there as well,  after I'm done with the ground-elder cleaning :P
tiny plant on it's way up
ground-elder roots
gigantic root going out to the lawn and it ripped open the grass when I pulled it (and many others)
it just keeps going :(
such a nasty weed 

and here's what the gooseberry bush looked like last year, before the slashing :P
please grow back!

No comments:

Post a Comment